Tuesday, April 6, 2010

DAY TRIP TO ČESKÝ KRUMLOV

Considered one of the most beautiful medieval cities in all of Central Europe, Český Krumlov is a poet’s dream. Nestled in the middle of the Czech countryside, built into a bend of the Vltava River, and cradled under the shadow of a towering castle, the town seems to be straight out of a fairy tale; I half expected to see Belle and the townspeople pour out the front doors and start singing. The town is renowned for its beauty, and that’s a well-deserved accolade, especially in spring when the flowers are blooming and the land is green as far as the eye can see. I ventured there in winter, however – a less “picturesque” time to visit, perhaps, but I wanted to avoid the hordes of tourists and experience the beauty of the town on my own. Here are some of my favorite snapshots from that day:






No comments:

Post a Comment